2012年10月18日木曜日

Does World Journey Degrade The Value Into A Mere Consumption?

Does World Journey Degrade The Value Into A Mere Consumption?
世界一周旅行は単なる「消費物」に成り下がってしまったのか?

Recently, more and more Japanese, especially university students, go to a world journey even if they take a registered absence from university. 

As I went abroad, I don't deny that they do such experience, but sometimes I feel some strangeness for that.

The strangest feeling for it is that they seem to treat "world journey" not as a precious experience but as a mere thing for consumption.

I mean, does they learn something through the experience? I feel many do it to only consume their time and money. 

I would like to explain more in detail.

Some of my friends upload the photos of journey on Facebook or tweet their thought or experience in real-time via Twitter, but those seem very superficial, or not profound at all. They gather with other Japanese travelers even in abroad, or they write articles that they ate delicious food in somewhere like this, like this and like that, or that the temperature  in somewhere is like such. 

I would like them to ask, IS THAT WHAT ALL YOU FEEL OR CONSIDER THROUGH YOUR JOURNEY?

There seem no difference between such "world journey" and trips in a short vacation, and thus I am suspect of such consumer-like world journey. 

Traveling are a precious opportunity to see totally different world and reflect oneself apart from one's usual world. Of course it's true. Seeing many travelers, however, they can't seem to harness fully such valuable opportunities.

I also hear there are some foolish people who create "one's self brand" through journey. I don't know precisely, but some introduce the way to cut expenses , one other introduces how to utilize LCC and one other create a "story" to make his/her journey more fascinating for others.

I wonder, what's the difference between such "world journey" and the masses to be consumed?

Though I haven't experienced a world journey, but as I experienced a long stay in Poland, I got many opportunities to reflect myself and consider my native country and that cultures. I also considered the recognition of history to go to Auschwitz. I felt the importance to learn from the history and use my brain to consider. Though I haven't gone to a world journey, this experience was so valuable and fruitful for me.

Because I felt fear of Jewish slaughter, I can't treat the world history so lightly and really recognized there are so many hidden history or historical truth that many people don't know or access.

Thinking about it, it's too shame to create "a self brand" through one's world journey. They don't face the world at all or even don't notice that they are in such dogmatism.

What I want to emphasize on here is that, such "world traveler" are only the consumer of information and resources around the world, anything but snobbery. 




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿