2014年7月7日月曜日

Two-day tour to Mt. Fuji for trekking

July 1st was the first day of climbing season to Mt. Fuji, where is the highest mountain in Japan (3,776m).

Though only four days had passed, I offered a two-day tour to Mt. Fuji trekking. 

It was my first trekking to Mt. Fuji, so I looked forward to joining it and was so exited. 

I departed Kyoto on 9am in July 4th and headed to Mt. Fuji by bus. With several breaks at highway rest stop, we arrived at the 5th station of Mt. Fuji around 5pm. Preparing baggages and finishing simple dinner, we started trekking with a tour guide. 



at 5th station



The weather was so bad: raining and misting. 



 We took several breaks at 6th, 7th stations and arrived at 8th station for short sleep.



The prices were so expensive!



We arrived at the 8th station around 11pm and slept until 1am (only 2 hours!)



Thought the weather was bad, we could watch the sky with full of stars midnight!



Finally we arrived at the summit but couldn't see the sunrise, which is the best highlight of this tour.


Before departure I worried about my stamina but I was stronger than I imagined: this trekking was a good exercise for me.
However, when I arrived at the summit oxygen was really thin. I needed an oxygen spray for my breathing. 
As I couldn't watch the sunrise, I want to try Mt. Fuji trekking again for it.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿